This course is designed to equip childminders in the setting with the support they need to implement evidence based practises in their setting and so achieve Elklan Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment Status.
Who is this for?
This fantastic CPD opportunity is available for childminders who have already completed one of the following Elklan courses:
- Speech and Language Support for 0-3s
- Speech and Language Support for 3-5s
- Let's Talk with Under 5s
It will enable you to showcase the changes you have made to your learning environment following completion of an Elklan course.
It will enable you to:
- Develop your home learning environment so that it effectively helps children to learn language.
- Increase your knowledge, skills and confidence as you modify your environment to develop children’s speech, language and communication effectively.
You do not need to attend another traditional course, rather you complete a self-rating checklist. This facilitates the development of the following areas in your setting:
- The physical environment, inside and out
- Adult-Child interaction
- Modelling for language development
- Resources and opportunities
- Book sharing
- Book sharing
An Elklan tutor supports you to identify changes that are required and to embed these in your setting.
- To enable you to embed the learning from your previous Elklan course
- To support you in enabling your setting to be communication friendly and so provide an optimum learning environment for the children in your care
- To achieve Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment status
How is this delivered?
- You will complete a self-rating of key parameters known to support communication friendly practices
- An Elklan tutor will visit twice and support you to make the changes necessary to enable effective completion of the Elklan Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment checklist
How long will this take?
- The checklist self-rating will take approx. 4 hours to complete
- The visits from the Elklan tutor will last no longer than 2 hours each
How can I find out more?
View this short Powerpoint presentation:
Do you have a question?
If so, please email email@example.com or call 01208 841450. If you wish to apply for the course but do not have any prior Elklan training please contact Katie to discuss further options.
When is this course running?
This course is for applicants in Derby only
Training Attendance Allowance is available to provide some compensation for the time you will take to attend this session.