This course consists of:
- Three seminars to support you in embedding the knowledge in your setting.
- You cascading a course, ‘Communication Counts to ALL staff in your setting, this course covers:
- What is Communication?
- Modifying the environment to make it communication friendly and developing adult-child interaction
- The language journey
- The word journey
- Working with families
- Completion of a Level 4 learning Log, ‘Creating Communication Friendly Settings- Early Years’.
- An audit visit (possibly virtual) in March 2022 by your Elklan tutor to confirm CFSe status.
Who is this course for?
This fantastic CPD opportunity is available for those in a leadership position, who can influence the practice of others and take a lead in the development of Communication and Language provision. You also need to be a reflective practitioner and be able to inspire, coach and mentor colleagues.
You must also have already completed Elklan Speech and Language Support for 0-3s or Speech and Language Support for 3-5s.
- Training you as the Lead Communication Practitioner (LCP) in your setting and to ensure you feel confident in this role
- To enable you to understand the CFSe process
- To provide you with all the training materials and support you need to disseminate the training to others
- To enable you to achieve the Level 4 award, Creating Communication Friendly Settings – Early Years.
- To achieve Communication Friendly status for your setting.
How is this delivered?
- The LCP will attend 3 online webinars where you will receive support from an Elklan tutor. Each webinar will last no more than 2 hours.
- The LCP will be provided with all the training notes, PowerPoint slides and video clips to cascade ‘Communication Counts’.
- The LCP will complete the level 4 award, Creating Communication Friendly Settings – Early Years. In addition to the time taken to deliver the Communication Counts sessions and the webinars you can expect to spend another 30 hours completing your online Learning Log.
View the following Powerpoint for more information:
Do you have a question?
If so, please use the contact us form on the TALK Derby website, email email@example.com or call 01208 841450.