Let's Talk with Under 5s
What is it?
A practical training course for parents and carers looking for key skills and knowledge. This course has helped many parents of young children maximise their child's communication potential and ensure they are ready for school.
What does the training involve?
You will be given support and encouragement to achieve a certificate in the Let's Talk with Under 5s course, accredited by an externally quality assured and Ofqual regulated national Awarding Organisation. The accreditation gained will be 3 credits at Level 1.
In addition you will receive:
- teaching from qualified speech and language therapists and/or an experienced practitioner
- opportunities to discuss ideas to help children learn to listen, understand and talk
- information about communication difficulties children can experience
- opportunities to meet other pre-school practitioners, parents and carers
- information about normal speech and language development
- an illustrated workbook full of practical tips and ideas which provides a rich source of individualised strategies and information
How is it delivered?
Settings can choose to participate in the delivery of this training, so it may not be available to all. This programme may be delivered by practitioners in your child's setting from Spring term 2020. More information to follow.
How much will it cost?
If your setting is eligible for TALK Derby, then this training is being delivered free of charge. Training Attendance Allowance is available to provide some compensation for the time you will take to attend this session. Click here to apply
What do other parents say?
"Was a fantastic course! Lots of new ideas and strategies to practise and put in place"
"I have enjoyed the course and have definitely benefited from it"
Settings delivering the programme
Please ask your child's setting about their plans for delivering this programme. You can book your place/register your interest through your setting.
Please email email@example.com if you know your setting is delivering this programme. We will update this page with information as we find out. Keep checking this page for updates!