Speech & Language Support for 0-3s
What is it?
Elklan's evidence based Speech and Language Support for 0-3s is a highly successful externally accredited training course which equips staff to develop key communication skills in children proved to ensure later success in school. This is the only accredited training in speech language and communication that is aimed specifically at those working with babies and very young children.
Developed to support the revised EYFS framework this course links research on early language development with best practice to give practitioners up to date theoretical knowledge and practical tools to promote communication.
What does the training involve?
For an overview of the course content, please click here.
This practical training course will:
- Build confidence and skills to support the communication and language development of ALL children aged 0-3 years but especially those at risk of developing speech and language difficulties
- Give practical advice and strategies to support parents and families with whom you work
- Provide settings with a highly skilled workforce to help narrow the gap and improve the life chances of babies and young children
- Upon successful completion, provide an externally verified and accredited level 3 award
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for early years practitioners who work with babies and very young children (aged 0-3 years old) who wish to develop key communication skills in children. Learners must also be able to meet the requirements below.
How is it delivered?
Through TALK Derby, this course will be offered in the following formats:
- Two hours a week for ten weeks (sessions will be during the working day)
- Four hours a week once a fortnight (sessions will be during the working day)
- Three full days, delivered one day a month for three months
All learners who wish to achieve this Award MUST commit to:
- Attending each session. Exceptional absences can be managed.
- Completing a level 3 portfolio of evidence, this will involve observation of children, reflecting on practice and writing an e-portfolio.
- Submitting the e-portfolio (which must be completed to gain accreditation) in a timely fashion within the time frames set by the tutor.
How much will it cost?
If your setting is eligible for TALK Derby, then this training is being delivered free of charge. Training Attendance Allowance is available to provide some compensation for the time you will take to attend this session. Click here to apply
What do other learners say?
"Brilliant course, very informative and delivered at the right level" - Early Years practitioner, Derby
"Two of my practitioners have said that they each have a child who has made much better than expected progress as a result of doing the course" - Manager, Derby setting
Where does this training lead?
As well as strengthening you skills and knowledge in support for speech and language, you can go to add a half-day workshop later so that you can deliver the practical course for parents if you would like. In addition, you can use this course to deliver a five-session course to other practitioners in your setting, work towards achieving a level 4 accreditation and becoming a Communication Friendly Setting.
Do you have a question?
If so, please either use the contact form on this website, email email@example.com or call 01208 841450.