Training for the Wider Workforce
This course is delivered exclusively by online webinar.
This course is for applicants in Derby only.
About the course
Communicating and interacting with young children
Would you like to know more about how you can develop your practice in communicating and interacting with young children?
This free course, delivered by Elklan over three 2-hour sessions, will provide practical, easily implemented strategies to use with all children, especially children with speech, language and communication needs.
By the end of the course you will:
- Know how to interact effectively with children - 'Listen to me so I will listen to you'
- Have meaningful conversations with children - 'Talk to me in ways I understand'
- Support children's communication skills - 'Help me speak'
Who is this course for?
People in roles that work with pre-school children, such as:
- Family support workers
- Social care practitioners
- Home Start workers
- Creche practitioners
- Practitioners working with women's groups
- Practitioners working with asylum seekers and new arrivals
- Others working with pre-school children.
Please note: all applications are subject to availability and eligibility; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.