Let's Talk at Home consists of six short sessions with important but easy to understand messages which you will practise using at home.
The topics covered are:
- Hello time
- Talk time
- Word time
- Talking time
- Story time
- Top talkers!
- To help you to understand four key messages and to practise using these at home.
- To improve your child’s talking.
- To inspire you to learn more ways to help your child.
How is this delivered?
- You will be given a local Elklan tutor who will be around to answer questions you may have and help you with IT issues etc.
- You will log on to a simple easy to use website where you will view one short video a week. Each video lasts no longer than 5-10 minutes.
- After you have watched the video your local tutor will have a video call with you. This may be through Facebook messenger, WhatsApp or some other system. Your tutor will tell you.
- During the call s/he will:
- Watch you play and interact with your child.
- Encourage you and tell you what you are doing well.
- Give you tips and ideas to help you to help your child to talk and play better.
- You will be asked what you thought about each session and how useful you found it. This information is important to us as it helps us to make changes to make things better for you and others.
The calls will NOT be recorded and will not be shared with anybody else. Normally we would like your tutor to be in the same room as you but this isn’t possible at the moment.
Do you have a question?
If so, please use the contact us form on the TALK Derby website, email email@example.com or call 01208 841450.
When is this course running?
To be confirmed.