Who is this for?
Let's Talk with Under 5s is a seven-session e-learning course for childminders and pre-school practitioners wanting some key skills and knowledge, who would like to go on to attend one of our Let’s Talk at Home Tutor Pack courses and/or complete our Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment course.
Each session has a mix of videos, illustrations and interactive exercises to help your understanding, and includes access to the Workbook for Let's Talk with Under 5s e-book full of practical tips and ideas, which provides a rich source of individualised strategies and information to support a specific child.
This course covers:
- What is communication?
- Adult-child interaction
- Play; the link between play and language
- Using words and sentences
- Asking questions and sharing books
- Helping children with unclear speech
The sessions are very practical, there are opportunities to:
- Think about children's communication
- Try new ideas
- Choose activities specifically relevant to you
- Discuss a range of issues
- Practise using ideas at home or in the workplace
- Gain recognition for taking part in the course by recording your ideas, observations and activities in a booklet
- To provide evidence-based tried and tested strategies to provide universal and targeted support tailored to individual children’s speech, language and communication needs.
- To enable you to achieve Level 1 accreditation.
- To enable you to go on to attend a Let's Talk at Home Tutor Pack and/or Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment course.
How is this delivered?
You can enjoy the e-learning sessions in your own home or workplace at a time which is convenient to you. All you need is web access on a mobile device or computer.
- You will receive 10 weeks anytime access to all seven e-learning sessions (with no webinars to attend) and will submit Home Tasks using an online Learning Log which will be marked remotely by an Elklan tutor
- On completion of the course, you will gain accreditation at Level 1 and will be eligible to attend one of our Let's Talk at Home Tutor Pack courses in order to deliver Let's Talk at Home sessions to parents and carers using our new virtual programme. Childminders will also be eligible to go on to complete our new Communication Friendly Home Learning Environment course.
How long will this take?
Let's Talk with Under 5s will take approximately 20 hours to complete.
How can I find out more?
View this short Powerpoint presentation:
Do you have a question or wish to apply?
If you would like to apply for this course or have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01208 841450.