This course will cover:
- Ages and stages of speech, language and communication development and the components of communication (Elklan’s communication chain)
- Simple speech, language and communication assessment principles which can be used during play
- Helping you understand the need for, and the principles of effective identification of children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) using a range of accessible evidence-based tools
- Training to use an identification tool called the EYBIC published by Elklan. You will receive a FREE copy.
It will enable you to:
- Universally assess children’s speech, language and communication development and identify needs early.
- Provide universal and targeted support tailored to individual children’s speech, language and communication developmental needs.
Who is this course for?
- Communication Champions
- Foster carers
- The Virtual School Team
- Children's Centre workers
- Room leaders (PVI)
- Room staff
- To provide you with the information, knowledge and confidence to deliver Let’s Talk at Home to parents and carers.
- To enable you to understand how to use the e-version of Let’s talk at Home.
- To provide you with all the training materials and support you need to disseminate the information to parents in a face to face context when this is possible.
How is this delivered?
This course is delivered by online webinar.
How long will this take?
This 6 hour course is delivered over three 2 hour webinars. It is essential to attend each session.
How can I find out more?
View this short Powerpoint presentation:
Do you have a question?
If so, please use the contact us form on the TALK Derby website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01208 841450.